Tuesday, February 27, 2024

GOING OUTSIDE MY BOX

I derive much from putting myself as a character who is the antithesis of who I am. In an odd way it has opened doors 🚪  that I once never considered. I cast myself as an outsider, someone who is reviled by others. 

It's strange but when I walked through that door it revealed some idiosyncrasies I possess. I like viewing old pictures of New York City. I imagine being a Louis Armstrong or a Jack Kerouac. I have imagine riding some of the old elevated trains that once were part of the city landscape. I imagined being a hustler, street person, a rebel, a warrior, and an angel.

I believe it's vital read, read and read some more. Study the character. Put yourself in their skin. I don't believe I should limit myself to one kind of character. Going outside my box expands my character development.

No comments:

NEW WORD

RESIDUUM  n. A substance or thing that remains or is left behind, in particular, a chemical residue.